[Radiance-general] Desktop radiance Glare Analysis: Pcond

Sim Swee Ling Annie anniesim at surbana.com
Wed Feb 27 01:25:43 PST 2013

Hi all,

I was trying to run glare analysis via Desktop Radiance for glazing with 2
different VLT:

a) VLT = 30
b) VLT = 60

The type used for these glazing are kept as default --> "glass".

1) For the first analysis, I have adjusted the exposure for both images in
order to reflect more accurate visual view showing the differences between
clear and darker glass.

The glare index via UGR shows:

a) VLT 30 = 36
b) VLT 60 = 44

2) For the second analysis, on top adjusting the exposure, I have also
used "pcond -h" on the images.

The glare index via UGR shows:

a) VLT 30 = 0
b) VLT 60 = 0

Looking at the comparison of the results above, I am not sure whether
"pcond -h" should be used prior to glare analysis. Should the glare
analysis be done on raw images without "pcond -h"? ......although it was
stated that "pcond -h" will create a view that mimic human responses.

Would really appreciate any sharing or help on this!

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Ann
If you are not the email's intended recipient, kindly inform the sender
and delete it.
The email may contain confidential information which should not be
retained, nor disclosed to another individual.