[Radiance-general] [Radiance-openstudio] Updated Radiance Installers Available

J. Alstan Jakubiec alstan at jakubiec.net
Fri Feb 22 08:00:25 PST 2013

Hi German,

While I can't speak to #1, with regards to #2 the epw2wea program comes
along with DAYSIM, so you do need to download the entire package from
http://daysim.ning.com/page/download. If you are using Linux, the windows
download includes source which can be compiled on Linux.

Best,
Alstan

On Fri, 22 Feb 2013 09:57:10 -0500, Germán Molina Larrain <gmolina1 at uc.cl>
wrote:

> Sorry for taking this topic back alive but I have two questions.
>
> 1.- (I do not know much about programming) Why are dctimestepCPU(GPU) no
> longer needed? is this new version as fast as GPU calculation? was there
> ay
> disadvantage?
>
> 2.- It seems that I can not download the epw2wea program. Do I have to
> download the entire DAYSIM package?
>
> THANKS
>
> German
>
> 2013/2/19 Andrew McNeil <amcneil at lbl.gov>
>
>> Just to clarify, you do need the newest head version of dctimestep to
>> use
>> the skymatrix generated by gendaymtx in a three-phase calc.
>>
>> it goes like this:
>> gendaylit Chicago.wea > Chicago.smx
>> dctimestep -n 8760 sensors.vmx fenestration.xml exterior.dmx
>> Chicago.smx >
>> illuminance.txt
>>
>> (where -n is the number of time steps in your sky matrix file)
>>
>> You can use epw2wea from daysim to convert epw to wea format (
>> http://daysim.ning.com/subprogram/epw2wea).
>>
>> Andy
>>

>> On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 12:16 PM, Guglielmetti, Robert <
>> Robert.Guglielmetti at nrel.gov> wrote:
>>
>>>  Hi German,
>>>
>>> Yes, gendaymtx is in the HEAD, the installers in the NREL site are
>>> based
>>> on the HEAD as of Thursday of last week, I believe. And no, the GPU
>>> dctimestep is not needed for this to work (nor is that version of
>>> dctimestep in HEAD). Nope, gendaymtx works with all the standard
>>> Radiance
>>> tools. You simply need a weather file formatted the way it wants,
>>> which is
>>> the same format as a DAYSIM weather file. Andy McNeil notes that
>>> DAYSIM has
>>> a tool to convert the EnergyPlus weather file format (.epw) to the
>>> DAYSIM
>>> format. OpenStudio will be modified to automatically provide gendaymtx