[Radiance-general] Strange results

Catarina Araújo catarinaba7 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 05:26:50 PST 2013

Hi,

My name is Catarina and I am trying to perform a lightning simulation with
Desktop Radiance.

I think I followed all the necessary steps to insert my model:
- Design the geometry (its a simple cube, with the dimensions 5*5*2.8, and
a window);
- Attach materials to the surfaces;
- Insert the luminaire;
- Define a gride (I am using the reference grid simualation);
- Define the orientation.

After that, I perform the simulation but the results are very high (I
obtain values for illuminance around 14000 or higher). Additionally, the
lightning distribution around the room does not make sense. I have low
values in some points and very high value in other.

I am performing the analysis in a windows 7 (32bits) operative system. I
don't know if the operative system interfere with the results?

I read something in your site about the optics 5 software. I have already
install it and uninstall and the results remain awkward.

Can you please tell me if I am doing something wrong?

Thank you very much,
Catarina