[Radiance-general] Radiance Question

Hatim Azzouz arch.hatim at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 13:52:11 PST 2013

Dear,
I download Desktop Radiance 2.0 Beta (For educational purpose) to use it as
a plugin for Autodesk Ecotect 2011
I faced a difficulty in installation, it asked me which software that i'm
going to use it for (there was no option for ecotect), I wasnt sure what to
pick so I picked Autocad 2000 (is this the right selection?). ),I installed
it and located RAD.exe, and I started the radiance calculation on a small
room.

The problem now I got a Window with a black background that says:
Eco2rad: Deleting Ambient and Octree Files...
Eco2rad: Running radiance to generate views...
Eco2rad: Setting up environment Variables...
Eco2rad: Deleting Ambient and Octree Files...
Eco2rad: Running radiance to generate views...
Eco2rad: Setting up environment Variables...
Eco2rad: Deleting Ambient and Octree Files...
Eco2rad: Running radiance to generate views...
Eco2rad: Setting up environment Variables...
Eco2rad: Deleting Ambient and Octree Files...
Eco2rad: Running radiance to generate views...
Eco2rad: Setting up environment Variables...

And it keeps running, does this process usually take a long time (2 hours
until now), or there is a problem with the installation??
I tried to Uninstall Desktop radiance and re-install it again, but it wont
uninstall.

Can you please assist me with that?

Regards,
Hatim