[Radiance-general] 5-phase method tutorial - section 6.1

Leyla Sanati leylasanati at gmail.com
Thu Aug 29 22:00:45 PDT 2013

Dear list,

Following example 1 in 5-phase method tutorial, I am trying to model
venetian blinds with frosted glass as blind material. The properties of the
glass are as follows:

Visible Transmittance: 67%
Reflectance: 18%
Clarity (small-angle scattering): 4%
Thickness: 8mm

To generate accurate BSDF files, I thought I should model the blind slats
as trans material, but I am struggling with translating above properties
into trans material modifiers.
I'd appreciate it if you helped me with writing the blind material script.
Also, I am not sure where to include the glass thickness. genblinds does
not seem to have an option for blind thickness.
Does the glass thickness in this case affect the BSDF results?

Thanks,
Leyla