[Radiance-general] Three-phase method: more questions

Germán Molina Larrain gmolina1 at uc.cl
Tue Aug 27 07:24:49 PDT 2013

Chantal,

For now the Three-phase method does nos support other basis than full
Klems' 145 patches on each hemisphere. You should check that your .xml
BSDFs are in that basis, and in the correct format.

I understand Tregenza and Klems subdivitions are different, but both of
them have 145 patches...? If the .xml format is correct, you should get no
errors but an incorrect answer...?

On the other hand:
*1) When trying to use the created daylight matrix: south.dmx with
dctimestep (3.4 putting all together)
I obtain the following message: fatal-unexpected EOF reading
results/south.dmx*

I guess this could be because the sky subdivitions chosen for the Sky are
different when calling the gendaymtx and rcontrib programs? Chek the -m
option in gendaymtx and the MF: option in rcontrib.

Hope it helps,

German