[Radiance-general] Three-phase method: more questions

minchaca miinchaca at gmail.com
Tue Aug 27 07:08:10 PDT 2013

I'm also (as many) following the Three-phase method of Andy Mcneil, at
first I tried to play with my own files but now I'm literally going step by
step using the files of the method.

But I still get stuck in many 'need help' moments,I hope that someone finds
time to give me a hand with this.

I'm using the 'Example 1' on section 3:

1) When trying to use the created daylight matrix: south.dmx with
dctimestep (3.4 putting all together)
I obtain the following message: fatal-unexpected EOF reading
results/south.dmx

2) I wonder if might this have anything to do with the fact that I'm using
an CFS.xml file that was obtained with a gonio-photometer, instead of using
the Window 7 software.

3) That leads to the question if I should still use the genklemsamp to
create the daylight matrix if later I will use *.xml files obtained with
the gonio-photometer which is based in the tregenza subdivision.

4) I have an 'only one' file that uses the klems angle basis, but if I try
to use that one I get the following msg: fatal-file format error: BSDF
cfs.xml : top level node not 'WindowElement'

I'll appreciate any help regarding these issues...

Thanks in advance!!

Chantal.