[Radiance-general] Use of Lighting information on EPW file

German Molina germolinal at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 12:14:50 PDT 2013

Dear List, I am not sure this is directly applied to Radiance, but for lighting it definitively is.

I was checking out some stuff, and started wondering why are we not using the Lighting information… I am reading THIS, and it says "Illuminance (Global Horizontal, Direct Normal, Diffuse Horizontal, Zenith Luminance).

My question is: Is there any reason for not using the Direct Normal and the Diffuse Horizontal information for making calculations instead of using the Perez Model?

I understand that the Daylight Coefficients would not directly apply since the luminance distribution would be unknown… Is it too bad to consider the direct illuminance as it is, and assume the diffuse illuminance as isotropic (i.e. assume the diffuse daylight entering through my window is the same as the horizontal) ???

THANKS

Germán Molina