[Radiance-general] Rendering parameters help and weird colors

Guglielmetti, Robert Robert.Guglielmetti at nrel.gov
Wed Apr 17 09:50:01 PDT 2013

Hi German,

I understand, but the problem with modeling far-reaching terrain is that the spacing between your ambient sampling points blows up quite a bit. What I generally recommend is that you substitute the actual mountain with proxy geometry closer to the building (say, within 100' of the building perimeter) that represents the shading effect of the distant ground. In other words, project the mountain onto flat polygons closer to the scene-

...and Greg just chimed in with a better answer. =)