[Radiance-general] FAQ - Known problems

Aksel Groß aksel at gobo.io
Wed Sep 19 01:12:30 PDT 2012

Hi Thomas,

I found the problem with my paths. It was my error, i reentered all paths as stated on the site. Works now like a charm!

The problem though came because i first installed the version from NREL http://openstudio.nrel.gov/getting-started-developer/getting-started-radiance

There it says:
"On MacOS or Linux, add these lines to your .profile or .bashrc —assuming you are using the bash shell (this is most commonly the default)— files, respectively:

PATH=.:/usr/local/radiance/bin:$PATH
RAYPATH=.:/usr/local/radiance/lib:$RAYPATH
Export PATH RAYPATH"

Those where the paths i entered before, and those didn't do it. Most likely because appending to a non-existing RAYPATH won't do a thing?

Aksel