[Radiance-general] FAQ - Known problems

Aksel Groß aksel at gobo.io
Tue Sep 18 04:14:02 PDT 2012

First off: Hello! I am the new guy. My name is Aksel and i am from Berlin, Germany. Thank you all ver much for the rich resources which can be found around here. I have been working with Radiance from time to time during the course of the last 10 years, but unfortunately not further but keeping up to date with principles.

Now i am digging again, and i seem having problems with the installation on Mac/Mountain Lion. Everything works well at first, i can i.e. compile .octs and render them without problems, which gives me the feeling i didn't mess up the install and paths in general.

But there are some spots which seem to be broken for me, for instance falsecolor aborts telling me helvet.fnt is missing, yet it's there. Or i cannot start off x11meta as in  objline foo.rad | x11meta, gives me an error too. In order to find out which parts have been messed up by me, and which parts are known problems, is there any FAQ with pitfalls for cases like these? I couldn't find one, please excuse me if i missed it.

Thanks a lot,
Aksel

--

Aksel Groß