[Radiance-general] Radiance's optics

Guglielmetti, Robert Robert.Guglielmetti at nrel.gov
Wed Nov 28 20:54:52 PST 2012

Hi Germán,

When the software is left to its own devices, it is considering beyond the visible range. You can get radiance and irradiance, and this is the default output. Radiance (the software) is often used for estimating solar resource for PV; applying V-lambda is always a second step that is available, in order to weight the radiometric values to photometric values (luminance or illuminance). I don't do much with radiometric values, but we would like to do more of that in OpenStudio.

Perhaps some others can weigh on with their experience looking beyond visual range.

- Rob