[Radiance-general] running radiance on multiple cores

Giovanni Betti gbetti at fosterandpartners.com
Wed May 23 08:50:40 PDT 2012

Dear List,

I am running into some issues while running radiance on multiple cores.

I have radiance running on a Linux virtual machine and I am using the
rad -N option.

Sometimes though, I happen to notice in the final image tiles of varying
brightness or even misplaced tiles.

I thought it had to do with poor synchronization because of reading and
writing on the network, but it seem to happen also when I have all the
files on my local drive.

Has anyone run into a similar problem and/or knows a solution for it?

Thanks in advance,

Giovanni