[Radiance-general] ra_gif: out of memory error

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Thu May 17 08:24:56 PDT 2012

Well, I think the neural network needs at least 300 pixel samples to do its work, meaning that the total number of pixels divided by the -n option must be at least 300.  Even with -n 1, it can fail if you only give it an image that's a couple of hundred pixels in size.  I don't think the other converters are so constrained.  You could use ra_bmp which does tone-mapping also, or ra_t8 if you really want an 8-bit image.

Best,
-Greg