[Radiance-general] gendaylit error

kyle konis kskonis at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 22:39:40 PDT 2012

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the quick reply.  Indeed, you are correct, the issue was
solved temporarily buy copying coeff_perez.dat (and defangle.dat) into
/usr/local/ray/lib

Now the question is why where these files not there in the first place?

Most likely user error, as i have just recently installed Radiance
version 4.1, and have had some issues with installing Radiance over an
existing version (v4.0).

Perhaps in my haste during what ended up being multiple installs, i
was not thoroughly following the instructions here:

http://www.radiance-online.org:82/download-install/installation-information/mac-osx-1

###
Make the library files (dont forget the dot (.) before the /makeall !)

    cd /usr/local/ray
    ./makeall library

Be sure to specify /usr/local/ray/lib in the next step instead of the
default /usr/local/lib/ray:

    "Where do you want the library files [/usr/local/lib/ray]" <type
/usr/local/ray/lib - hit return>
###

Should the . . . .

./makeall library

 . . . command place coeff_perez.dat into my /usr/local/ray/lib   ?

I'll give it (the install) a try from scratch tomorrow . . .

-Kyle