[Radiance-general] Running Radiance on Windows

Guy Vaessen guy.vaessen at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 13:51:15 PDT 2012

Hi,

To run Radiance on Windows, Robert Guglielmetti, has developed a new
package.
You can find it here:
http://openstudio.nrel.gov/getting-started-developer/getting-started-radiance

The original announcement is here:
http://www.radiance-online.org/pipermail/radiance-general/2012-May/008534.html
This new package has rvu for Windows. Which is a big improvement.
I am sure Robert can explain a lot better/more than me. Good luck!

>> I'm wondering how Windows users access Radiance. It's been a few years
since I've used the software, and as I recall previously it was done
through a CygWin interface. Right now we are building geometry in
DesignBuilder which installs Radiance on >> the machine, but I'm wanting to
edit my rad files, materials, and create new views that DesignBuilder
doesn't allow.

>> What are people on Windows machines using? What problems have been
encountered? Any upcoming releases that I should be aware of when choosing
a software path? Including links to specific builds would also be much
appreciated.

Best Guy