[Radiance-general] Problem whith file.oct

Lars O. Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Thu Jul 19 01:55:13 PDT 2012

Hi Imène!
> I want to make a file named scene.oct. So I create geometries : room.rad, chair.rad, table.rad. In the end of the file room.rad, I wrote:
> !xform -t 1 1.5 0 chair.rad
> !xform -t 1.5 1.5 0 table.rad
> (...)
> xform: cannot find file "chair.rad"
> oconv: warning - (| xform -t 1 1.5 0 chair.rad): empty file
> xform : cannot find file "table.rad"
> oconv: warning - (| xform -t 1.5 1.5 0 table.rad) : empty file
Radiance is using an environment variable called RAYPATH to know which
directories to use when searching for files. This allows to use library
folders. If you want to make sure that the current directory is searched
for files, add a dot (which represents the current directory) to your
RAYPATH:

export RAYPATH=$RAYPATH:.

This is the syntax for the bash shell, other environments may have
different ways to set an environment variable.

Once you have a complex scene, adding some directories may help. I
usually have e.g. subdirectories called mat, sky, scene, objects, and
would add all of them to the RAYPATH.

Cheers, Lars.