[Radiance-general] evalglare with regular lens

Christoph Reinhart tito_ at mit.edu
Mon Feb 6 18:35:04 PST 2012

Dear Ery,

If you do not have a full fisheye lens you should use a vertical illuminance measurement with the HDR image and feed the measured illuminance into evalglare. As Thomas noted, the resulting contrast portion (second part of DGP equation) might be wrong depending on what happens outside of the lenses view range. I'd be happy for Jan to add his two cents as well.

Best,

Christoph
Christoph Reinhart
Associate Professor
Department of Architecture
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
77 Massachusetts Ave, Rm 5-418, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
t: 617 253 7714, f: 617 253 6152, creinhart at mit.edu<mailto:creinhart at mit.edu>
Home<http://architecture.mit.edu/faculty/christoph-reinhart> | DIVA<http://www.diva-for-rhino.com/> | Daysim<http://daysim.com/>