[Radiance-general] new evalglare version available

Guglielmetti, Robert Robert.Guglielmetti at nrel.gov
Fri Feb 17 08:34:39 PST 2012

Hi Jan,

Exciting news!

I just tried compiling this on MacOS ang I get the following error:

rgugliel-14846s:evalglare rgugliel$ make evalglare
gcc -c -g -DMSDOS  -DPICT_GLARE -DFLOAT=double -O3  -Wall  -o
common/color.o common/color.c -I. -Igeometry
gcc -c -g -DMSDOS  -DPICT_GLARE -DFLOAT=double -O3  -Wall  -o
common/resolu.o common/resolu.c -I. -Igeometry
common/resolu.c: In function Œstr2resolu¹:
common/resolu.c:98: warning: implicit declaration of function Œatoi¹
gcc -c -g -DMSDOS  -DPICT_GLARE -DFLOAT=double -O3  -Wall  -o
common/header.o common/header.c -I. -Igeometry
gcc -c -g -DMSDOS  -DPICT_GLARE -DFLOAT=double -O3  -Wall  -o
common/image.o common/image.c -I. -Igeometry
gcc -c -g -DMSDOS  -DPICT_GLARE -DFLOAT=double -O3  -Wall  -o
common/fvect.o common/fvect.c -I. -Igeometry
gcc -c -g -DMSDOS  -DPICT_GLARE -DFLOAT=double -O3  -Wall  -o
common/badarg.o common/badarg.c -I. -Igeometry
gcc -c -g -DMSDOS  -DPICT_GLARE -DFLOAT=double -O3  -Wall  -o
common/words.o common/words.c -I. -Igeometry
gcc -c -g -DMSDOS  -DPICT_GLARE -DFLOAT=double -O3  -Wall  -o
common/fputword.o common/fputword.c -I. -Igeometry
gcc -c -g -DMSDOS  -DPICT_GLARE -DFLOAT=double -O3  -Wall  -o
common/expandarg.o common/expandarg.c -I. -Igeometry
gcc -c -g -DMSDOS  -DPICT_GLARE -DFLOAT=double -O3  -Wall  -o
common/wordfile.o common/wordfile.c -I. -Igeometry
gcc -c -g -DMSDOS  -DPICT_GLARE -DFLOAT=double -O3  -Wall  -o
common/bmalloc.o common/bmalloc.c -I. -Igeometry
gcc -c -g -DMSDOS  -DPICT_GLARE -DFLOAT=double -O3  -Wall  -o
common/mat4.o common/mat4.c -I. -Igeometry
gcc -c -g -DMSDOS  -DPICT_GLARE -DFLOAT=double -O3  -Wall  -o pictool.o
pictool.c -I. -Igeometry
pictool.c: In function Œread_exposure¹:
pictool.c:90: error: nested functions are disabled, use -fnested-functions
to re-enable
make: *** [pictool.o] Error 1

Then I tried the following, also with no luck:

rgugliel-14846s:evalglare rgugliel$ make evalglare -fnested-functions
make: nested-functions: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target `nested-functions'.  Stop.
rgugliel-14846s:evalglare rgugliel$ make -fnested-functions evalglare
make: nested-functions: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target `nested-functions'.  Stop.
rgugliel-14846s:evalglare rgugliel$

Ideas? I know you only vouch for Linux with the source and provide a
pre-compiled Windows version, but it'd be good to get this working on
MacOS once and for all, now that it's at version 1.0 status.

Rob Guglielmetti  IESNA, LEED AP
Commercial Buildings Research Group
National Renewable Energy Laboratory
1617 Cole Blvd MS:RSF202