[Radiance-general] new evalglare version available

Jan Wienold jan.wienold at ise.fraunhofer.de
Fri Feb 17 05:59:26 PST 2012

Hi All,

I want to announce a new evalglare version ready for download. (version
1.0).

Following main changes are included (see also the short documentation
which is included in the package) :

-all current view types will be supported (except parallel view) - that
means also -vth !
-valid view is checked (many problems occurred, because often users
treat the image with programs like pcompos before putting into
evalglare. But then, the view got lost and a wrong view leads to totally
wrong results! Now this will be handled by the new evalglare )
-view options can be provided also per command line option
-disability glare is also calculated
-cut-out the "Guth" visual field
-extension of the DGP equation for low-brightness scenes (Ev<380lux) ,
based on new user assessments

The main routines for glare source detection and calculation of the
glare values are not changed.

Anyhow I strongly recommend to use from now on only the new version,
because the issue with non valid views can cause many troubles and wrong
values.
(and I guess many people use it and run into that problem and got wrong
values without knowing it!!).

You can download the new version here:

http://www.ise.fraunhofer.de/radiance

good luck and an always glare free environment... ,

Jan

--
Dr.-Ing. Jan Wienold
Head of Team Passive Systems and Daylighting
jan.wienold at ise.fraunhofer.de
http://www.ise.fraunhofer.de

In office:
Mo,Tue: 8:30-18:00