[Radiance-general] pinterp on a rectangle image

Sat Feb 11 16:54:07 PST 2012

Folks,

I want to convert an angular fisheye to a hemispherical fisheye, like
the example in pinterp man page.

pinterp -vf fish.hdr -vth -ff fish.hdr 1 > hemi.hdr

My concern is that pinterp force the result image to be a square. The
image that I have is a rectangular image, with the fisheye circle in the
middle. When I use the above command, the result is always a square.

My question: is the interpolation also applied to the black region on
the left and right side of the fisheye circle?

I tried to crop the input hdr to square with the following command (from
5616x3744 to 3744x3744 pixels):

ra_xyze -r -u -o fisheye.hdr | pcompos -x 3744 - -936 0 > fisheye_crop.hdr

But when I use fisheye_crop.hdr as an input to the pinterp command, it
gives a "bad view file"error. Does this simply confirm that man page
that the output of pcompos cannot be used with pinterp?

Thanks,

Ery