[Radiance-general] evalglare with regular lens

Lars O. Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Tue Feb 7 05:08:42 PST 2012

Hi Ery!

Ery Djunaedy wrote:
> I have a bunch of HDR images generated from photographs taken with
> regular -- non-fisheye -- lens. Is there a way that we can use these
> images for glare analysis in evalglare? The evalglare description says
> that it only accepts fisheye images.

Evalglare uses the illuminance on the eye (image) plane for its
calculations. This requires a fisheye (unless you know that no light
would received from outside your image's field of view).

You could try to assemble a fisheye HDR from your images. Hugin (an open
source tool) is actually able to handle hdr formats and can do the
reprojection. However, as far as I know, noone validated this so far.
May be woth trying it. If you do so, let us know :)

Cheers, Lars.