[Radiance-general] GenCumulativeSky compiled for Mac?

Ji Zhang hope.zh at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 00:05:12 PST 2012

Thank you very much, John and Thomas!

I've found John's paper, and will read it later.

As far as I know, GenCumulativeSky also has two ways to create cumulative
sky: the smeared sun approach (+s1 option) and the binned sun approach (+s2
option), which might be similar to John's method #1 and #2 respectively
(see its options below, the -r, -p, and -E option were added by the
DIVA/DAYSIM team, I guess).

###################################
Usage: GenCumulativeSky [-d] [+s1|+s2] [-a latitude] [-o longitude] [-l]
[-m standard meridian] [-h hour shift] [-G|-B|-E] <climate file>
(Note: longitude +ve East of Greenwich)

        -d      Ignore diffuse irradiance
        +s1     Use "smeared sun" approach (default)
        +s2     Use "binned sun" approach
        -l      Output luminance instead of radiance
        -r      Output radiance/179000 (ensures that units in the Radiance
Image Viewer are in kWhm-2)
        -p      Output radiance/1000 (ensures that units in the Radiance
RGB data file  are in kWhm-2)
        -G      File format is col1=global irradiance (W/m2), col2=diffuse
irradiance (W/m2)
        -B      File format is col1=direct horizontal irradiance (W/m2),
col2=diffuse irradiance (W/m2)
        -E      File format is an energyplus weather file (*.epw) The
gprogram uses the global irradiance (W/m2) and diffuse irradiance (W/m2)
data columns.
                In combination with '-E' the considered time interval can
be specified:
                -time <start time of day> <end time of day>
                -date mm_start dd_start mm_end dd_end (if start-date after
end-date then the winter interval is considered)

- Cheers, Ji

On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 1:32 AM, John Mardaljevic <J.Mardaljevic at lboro.ac.uk