[Radiance-general] Executing gen_dc, gen_directsunlight on multiple processors

Mostapha Sadeghipour sadeghipour at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 16:20:38 PDT 2011

Hi Chris, Rob and Jan,

Hopefully this option will be added in the near future. For know I would
like to share the solution I came up with. To have the result on time I ran
multiple simulations at the same time instead of using multiple CPU's for
one simulation.

It's true that you cannot use multiple CPU's to run DAYSIM commands, but
there is no reason not to run multiple DAYSIM commands on one system as far
as you have enough RAM. So you can divide the sensors and run them at the
same time on one system. This simple trick saved me a huge amount of time.

Have a good weekend,
Mostapha