[Radiance-general] Strange gendaylit behavior

Thomas Bleicher tbleicher at googlemail.com
Sat Oct 8 07:39:22 PDT 2011

On Sat, Oct 8, 2011 at 9:25 AM, Rob Guglielmetti <rob.guglielmetti at gmail.com
> wrote:

> I was fixing to just look at the source myself, as I assumed the answer
> lied in there. I will revise my script to address this. Thanks all!

Don't mess with The Source, Rob!

I get segfaults for both gendaylit and /usr/local/bin/gendaylit but I'm
chronically behind a couple of versions these days.

I looked at one source file I have around here (v2.3 dated 2009/06/20) but
didn't find anything that would explain a different behaviour depending on
the script name. However, I found that

if (skybrightness<0.05) skybrightness=0.01;

a few times. So you probably can save a few 0s in your input if that helps
you to produce the error message reliably.

Regards,
Thomas