[Radiance-general] OpenStudio-Radiance Demo Videos

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 08:06:38 PST 2011

The Windows compatibility issues aren't really Perl-specific.  They are more associated with the Windows command line than anything else.  You can't pipe binary data between commands because Windows doesn't track the exact file length, nor can you escape newlines.  This changes how command lines are packaged up and handed off to the shell, and involves some inefficiencies if we do the same thing on all systems, which is why there are some ($windoz) conditionals in genklemsamp.

-Greg