[Radiance-general] OpenStudio-Radiance Demo Videos

Guglielmetti, Robert Robert.Guglielmetti at nrel.gov
Thu Nov 17 07:53:30 PST 2011

Right; thanks for pointing that out Greg. I thought genskyvec and genklemsamp have been working for a little while, and I know falsecolor works. Didn't know about genBSDF, thanks for the heads up.

I wonder if the same issues would happen with Ruby? Hate to reinvent the wheel but from an OpenStudio support perspective, we'd actually be eliminating one dependency (Perl) but I get that most Radiance scripters are in Python land first and foremost, probably Perl second, and Ruby third (and then you have Andrew Marsh using Lua ;) ). Something for us to think about on this end, but I'd rather spend time wrapping Ian Ashdown's Perez sky generator first…

- Rob

Rob Guglielmetti  IESNA, LEED AP
Commercial Buildings Research Group
National Renewable Energy Laboratory