[Radiance-general] Running multiple rpict commands for different scenes

Sotiris Papantoniou sotos.enveng at gmail.com
Wed May 18 06:04:12 PDT 2011

Hello again Lars,

I have a script already working and giving results but, it is slow, taking
under consideration that is using only 1 core. The script, made in Matlab,
works in the following way

1) 5 embedded for (degrees of each blind and sun position)
2) creates a new folder
3) copying necessary 5 files to make the combination (1 of 1280)
4) copies the standard files (materials, geometry, view)
5) Oconv the files
6) rpict is creating the image and stores it to a standard folder with all
the results
7) go to number (1)

This is in general my script. It works but 7 minutes per simulation for 1280
simulation, equals...  90 hours.

This is why I need the grid, and apart from that since I can run the
simulations in parallel (thank you for the info), I can save some time until
Radiance is installed, setup and test for many simulations.

Once again thank you for your time

Sotiris