[Radiance-general] using turbidity in gensky

David Appelfeld d.appelfeld at gmail.com
Thu May 5 16:56:01 PDT 2011

Hello Radiance users,

I am trying to generate sky distribution during sunny day for my model to
compare the results with the measured data of illuminance. It seems that the
day when the measurements were obtained was very clear and I would like to
decrease the turbidity in gensky to get higher global and vertical
illuminance.
When I decreased the turbidity from the default of 2.45 to 1 then the
illuminance decrease, while when I increase -t option then the illuminance
increase too. I would actually expect opposite, and that the illuminance
will increase with lower turbidity since the turbidity should scattered
light more and thus block the direct contribution and increase the diffuse
contribution form the sky.

Here is the gensky command I am using:
gensky 9 5 $(printf "%02d:%02d" $h $m)CEST -a 55.964875 -o -12.4934 -m -15
+s -t 1

Does someone have had this problem before? Or is this as gensky should
works?

Thank you
David