[Radiance-general] Modelling glass louvres with frit in GLAZE

Lars O. Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Sat Mar 19 07:18:49 PDT 2011

Hi David!

> I am trying to get transmission matrix of a shading system with genBSDF.
> The system is made from double glazed window and glass louvres with silk
> screen print with coverage of 55%.

Is the print translucent? For transmittance, it makes a difference
whether you have a translucent print (resulting in reduced direct
transmittance + scatter) or an opaque, purely reflective print
(resulting in only reduced direct transmittance).

> I am not sure what " Tr    Tg    Tb    Rcr    Rcg    Rcb    Rgr
> Rgg    Rgb    Part " should be used for frit. Does anyone was working
> with similar shading and have some values I can used, at least as
> assumption? Or is there any way to find those values without actual
> measurement?

My guess it that you may be able to approximate these, but I would not
really believe in the results of such a complex system without being
able to compare to a measurement.

Cheers, Lars.