[Radiance-general] Python module [was: Use Python to execute Radiance command]

Guy Vaessen guy.vaessen at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 13:30:28 PDT 2011

Hi,

Great idea! I like it!

> I'm sure there are already a few implementations of a Radiance module
> around, each written for a particular purpose. It would be nice if the
> individual authors could contribute their parts and we could start
> assembling a "reference" module.

I found this Python package of Andreas Gerber:
http://www.hochschule-biberach.de/sections/forschung/ige/radview
It has a rpm package for Linux.

For Windows you will need these:
Unofficial Windows Binaries for Python Extension Packages
http://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/

And for Windows it has a few issues and some Python calls need to be
updated/modified.

Best Regards,

Guy