[Radiance-general] OS Compariton (WAS:Re: rad -n and -N parameters / switches)

Guglielmetti, Robert Robert.Guglielmetti at nrel.gov
Thu Jun 16 12:21:06 PDT 2011

Chris is right, we're veering, so new subject line.

Chris, when I got my first OSX system (2002), the difference between OSX
10.1 and any Linux distro at the time was vast; there simply was no
comparison. I mean, really. No comparison, if we're talking barriers to
entry for Radiance. Today, I would say Ubuntu is pretty close to MacOS,
but still not quite as polished as MacOS. I use Snow Leopard, and then I
have WinXP, Win7, Ubuntu 11.04 VMs available on VMWare Fusion. So far I'm
still willing to pay the Apple tax on my hardware every few years or so.

Rob Guglielmetti  IESNA, LEED AP
Commercial Buildings Research Group
National Renewable Energy Laboratory
1617 Cole Blvd MS:RSF202