[Radiance-general] First Timer: HELP ON RADIANCE INSTALLATION

Lars O. Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Tue Jul 19 03:16:28 PDT 2011

Hi Julitta!

> Last login: Tue Jul 19 17:40:19 on ttys000
> Macintosh-HDs-MacBook-Pro:~ macintoshhd$ echo $PATH
> /usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11/bin
> Macintosh-HDs-MacBook-Pro:~ macintoshhd$ which rtrace
> Macintosh-HDs-MacBook-Pro:~ macintoshhd$
>

>  > Each of these commands should show you a path that contains your Radiance
>  > installation directory.
>

> Am I missing something? What should happen after "which rtrace" ? which
> folder should I looking for? or any signs that should appear?

The last command, "which rtrace". should tell you where the binary file
rtrace is located that gets executed when you simply type "rtrace". That
assumes that it is actually in one of the directories in your path
variable. In your case, that seams not to be the case, as the
which-command did not give any output.

Can you verify that your Radiance-binaries (the bin-subdirectory of the
Radiance installation) is included in your Path variable?

Cheers, Lars.