[Radiance-general] Luminance to RGB

Chantal Basurto miinchaca at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 06:58:36 PDT 2011

I hope I'm not interrupting the sense of the discussion, but I kind of have
the same question: when is about the properties
of materials (RGB plus roughness and specularity). If I want to simulate an
existing material in Radiance I need to
decompose it in the 3 primary colours.

As I understand Radiance uses Hemispherical Reflectance (ratio of flux
leaving the surface to the incident flux). I have this
data from the site...but how to get it to RGB in the case that I dont have
an spectrophotometer to measure. One way I know
could be using a grey scale chart, but then I also need to know under which
light source were those reflectances calculated
in order to compare them to my luminances. The objective of all this is to
obtain illuminance calculations.

Sorry again for the interruption...hope anybody has an answer.

Thanks in advance.

Min.