[Radiance-general] rendering without shadow

Brajesh Lal brajeshlal at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 20 07:39:47 PST 2011

Hi Thomas,
Sorry for ambiguity. I need shadow pixel ids of the scene.
I am wondering if i can disable or enable the shadow casting feature of a
particular object or scene ( like any other 3D packages). Then i can
have rendered image with and without shadow. Their difference can give me shadow
pixels.
Or
If i can render the scene with some constant background color, then i can read
the shadows pixel ids (low pixel value) in matlab.

my scene has only diffuse objects  ( diffuse reflectance can be of any value, no
black object) and a single direct light.

 Best Regards,     Brajesh Lal