[Radiance-general] dctimestep & rtcontrib with sky subdivisions > 1

Andy McNeil amcneil at lbl.gov
Thu Feb 10 13:51:01 PST 2011

Hi Galen,

> tmp/p000.hdr does exist, as do all the other 248 images (for MF:2).

Actually there should be 578 images, so you're probably exceeding the limit on number of open files.  On a mac the default is 256.  Once you hit the limit nothing else is written and you're left with a bunch of image files with a header and no data.

To check the limit type:
ulimit -a

To change the limit to 1024:
ulimit -n 1024

Changing it this way only applies to the current shell.  If you use a shell script you might need to add it to the script.

- Andy