[Radiance-general] Radiance Workshop Live

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 16:36:30 PDT 2011

Yes, thanks to all who attended, all who presented, and especially all who helped organize this year's workshop.  As well as Andy, Dane Lay and Daniel Fuller were hard at work behind the scenes, and we must thank Christian Kohler again for figuring out how to do the webcast and taking care of many of the details (in real time no less).

Thanks also to the workshop sponsors, and to Eleanor Lee and Stephen Selkowitz for their support and extensive participation, and to Francis Rubinstein who got the whole thing started with Radiance way back when, taking part this year as well.

I do hope people's travel home is not delayed too badly, and that Irene has mercy on our friends on the East Coast.

We posted the Gigapan taken of the workshop participants at:

	http://gigapan.org/gigapans/85282/

Assuming the link works, you can put some names to faces -- at least for the people who remembered their name tags.

How valuable would it be to attempt to record people's presentations next year -- audio + advance sequence?  I think both PowerPoint and Keynote support this feature, though I haven't really played around with it.  Maybe not as exciting as a webcast, but a little more archival.

Best,
-Greg