[Radiance-general] Radiance Workshop Live

Lars O. Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Thu Aug 25 11:21:04 PDT 2011

Hi Rob!

> --------
> WARNING: At least one of the links in the message below goes to an IP
> address (e.g.
> 10.1.1.1), which could be malicious. To learn how to protect yourself,
> please go here:
> http://www.lbl.gov/cyber/services/suspicious-links.html
> --------

What is the meaning of these warnings - I would be surprised if the link
advertized by "(...) to protect yourself, please go here:" would not be
resolved to an IP address... Is it possible to switch these off?

> Yesterday even after they increased the limit and others were able to
> hear, I still could not. I was able to ping the IP however...

A good check is to request the file by http (which is the transport
protocol used). So if you get a text file names listen.m3u, everything
is fine. If you have a firewall blocking outgoing (!) port 3389, that
would not make much sense and should be safe to be disabled.

Another question is whether your client is able to handle the m3u
playlist or prefers to get directly pointed to the stream.

I have no idea why the setup was changed after yesterday, but obviously
now we have a configuration sending out data that cannot be used. I
receive a stream, but any client I point at it gives up with protocol
errors. E.g. VLC, which is usually very tolerant, gives me

(...)
main debug: Buffering 97%
main debug: Stream buffering done (1201 ms in 853 ms)
main debug: Decoder buffering done in 0 ms
main warning: PTS is out of range (-9924), dropping buffer
main warning: PTS is out of range (-36010), dropping buffer
mpgatofixed32 debug: libmad error: bad main_data_begin pointer
mpgatofixed32 debug: libmad error: bad main_data_begin pointer

so I see little hope for us to get audio back.

Cheers, Lars.