[Radiance-general] HDR image absolute calibration cmd line

Axel Jacobs jacobs.axel at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 12:39:26 PDT 2011

Hi Kevin,

> I am looking for a cmd line interface to automate the spot luminance
 > calibration of HDR images -  ie - similar to what Photosphere
 > does via GUI ?Apply ? Calibration?.

I don't know what Photosphere does, but if you have worked out your
calibration factor like so:
http://www.jaloxa.eu/webhdr/calibrate.shtml
then you can use hdrexpo:
http://www.jaloxa.eu/resources/hdr/hdrexpo/index.shtml

Depending on how accurate you need the per-pixel luminance values, you
might also want to look into vignetting correction, but as far as I'm
aware, there is currently no simple cmd line approach to this. See
http://www.new-learn.info/learn/about/doc/jacobs_hdr_varna2007.pdf
for a paper on this, and
http://www.new-learn.info/learn/about/doc/pres_jacobs_hdr_varna2007.pdf
for the presentation to go with it.

Cheers

Axel

PS: WebHDR will be down for the next couple of days.