[Radiance-general] Glare Calculation

Lars O. Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Thu Nov 18 04:09:07 PST 2010

Hi!

> Thank you for your help, I tried evalglare yesterday and he worked well.
> But regarding my results have got couple of questions:
>
> - i'm doing a glare study for an office (10m depth). I think glare will
> not be a problem for a person located at 9m away from the window, isn't it?

Hm, that may be to easy... e.g. if your office is on the West facade and
you directly look into the sun, it may be even worse at 9m distance...

> - when my calculation is completed, i've 2 warnings messages:
> low brightness scene
> vertical illumiance < 380 lux.
> Do they impact the calcul?
> So should i proceed a glare study only for the first 5m from the window?

Evalglare includes the vertical illuminance into its glare predictions,
and (Jan can tell more about this) has been developed under conditions
with higher vertical illuminance. So look at all the 9m, but be careful
with those low-illuminance-locations.

> How can i fix the warnings?

No way to fix, it is a warning to catch your attention, not a bug to fix ;-)

Cheers, Lars.