[Radiance-general] Re: Python Radiance Package

Randolph Fritz rfritz at lbl.gov
Wed Nov 10 12:04:33 PST 2010

[followups directed to radiance-dev]

On 2010-11-09 20:57:15 -0800, Guglielmetti, Robert said:

> This leads me to another topic, that of a reliable Windows build
> environment for Radiance. As part of our efforts mentioned above,
> NREL is looking into getting a cmake-based cross-platform build env
> for Radiance and hosting it. The goal is to get a cmake dashboard
> setup for Radiance (nightly) builds. This would allow us to provide
> a repository for Windows Radiance binaries, updated nightly and
> monitored for breakage. Windows functionality is important to us for
> our tools mission, so we are currently scoping this effort. Stay
> tuned!

Hmmm.  Have you considered fixing up the scons scripts?  Cmake doesn't
work on Macs worth noticing.  It has some Mac functionality, but it is
very limited.  (At least the best book on it now only costs $60; this
is better than a few years ago when Kitware was selling the book for
$200.)
Randolph M. Fritz • RFritz at lbl.gov
Environmental Energy Technologies Division • Lawrence Berkeley Labs