[Radiance-general] Re: Python Radiance Package

Severn Clay-Youman severnclaystudio at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 06:01:55 PST 2010

I think this is a wonderful idea - I'd be willing to
pitch in what Python coding
I can.
Python has a lot of great data-processing libraries,
and as people have noted,
it would make a much better cross-platform API to Radiance
than the command-line.
I'll take Python over shell scripting any day!
I think the first step would be for someone to write a Python API -
there are lots of ways to implement it
from just wrapping the shell commands to
closer integration,
but if you have a stable API people can get started using it
without re-writing their scripts constantly as Radiance-Python evolves.

Best,
Severn Clay-Youman
www.lesbetes.com