[Radiance-general] LEED modeling

Gary Ashford gary.ashford at gmail.com
Tue May 25 12:24:29 PDT 2010

Hi Cramer,

It all depends on the complexity of the spaces.  The corporate HQ project I
mentioned some time ago looks like it will meet NC 2.2 Platinum
requirements.  We've got Tim Metcalf at Kalwall doing the LEED NC2.2
Daylight modeling as we speak (they keep their glazing properties
proprietary for the skylights).  It is a ca. 1972 2 story Federalist box
which is redesigned with a lot of curtainwall, two central atria with
Kalwall roof skylights to supplement the perimeter offices with punched
windows.  Glazing Factor doesn't work in our case because there are a
variety of openings that interact with the interior spaces (and it is
conservative, no bounce).  Option 3 (measurement) looks like it might work
based on some preliminary test I did at the site, but who it is time
consuming and problematic near the great Lakes around the equinoxes.  I'll
let you know what the modeling tells us.

How's it going?

Regards,

Gary