[Radiance-general] system - out of memory in makevsrc

Giovanni Betti gbetti at fosterandpartners.com
Wed May 19 03:42:05 PDT 2010

Dear List,

I am trying to simulate a scene with a number of specular reflections
into a cavity.

I was trying to use the trans material to this goal, as I want to have
specular reflections combined with some light transmission.

After having the simulation running for 17hours I received this message

rpict: system - out of memory in makevsrc

these are my rendering parameters

-dp 2048 -ar 104 -ms 0.26 -ds .2 -dt .05 -dc .75 -dr 3 -sj 1 -st .01 -ab
4 -af myscene.amb -aa .1 -ad 1536 -as 768 -av 0.01 0.01 0.01 -lr 12 -lw
.0005

Would some change to those parameters allow me to run the simulation or
too many specular reflections are bound to cause problems?

Thanks for your help in advance,

Best,

Giovanni