[Radiance-general] Upgrading to R4: "There were some errors."

Bernd Zeimetz bernd at bzed.de
Tue May 11 08:39:39 PDT 2010

On 05/11/2010 04:48 PM, Cramer Silkworth wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I just attempted to upgrade my existing R3.9 installation on Ubuntu 9.10 to R4. I did:
> sudo ./makeall install clean per the readme file (actually the readme doesn't mention sudo but a couple steps in i realized i needed it). Lots of scary things flashed by, and i caught various warnings going by. It then stopped with "There were some errors." So I tried an rtrace job that I know runs on 3.9, and it still runs. But when I add the -n option (-n 2 or -n 4, for example), it crashes with a fatal error: command line error at -n. (It's a four core machine with 4gb ram)
>
> To the extent that it remained on the screen, the output from my installation follows. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

As several people mentioned, you're missing some build-dependencies.
Running
apt-get build-dep radiance
should install them for you.

Or just install radiance from the packages which are distributed with Ubuntu:
apt-get install radiance
Also you might want to look at the descriptions of radiance-sse3, radiance-doc,
radiance-materials.
Ubuntu 9.10 should ship with radiance 3R9, Ubuntu 10.04 with 4R0.

Cheers,

Bernd
 GPG Fingerprints: 06C8 C9A2 EAAD E37E 5B2C BE93 067A AD04 C93B FF79
                   ECA1 E3F2 8E11 2432 D485 DD95 EB36 171A 6FF9 435F