[Radiance-general] import to Radiance

Jia Hu hujia06 at gmail.com
Thu May 6 11:42:35 PDT 2010

Hello:

Thanks for your advice. I almost forgot FBX Converter because I used it to
convert the FBX to OBJ and always get "vn" 0 0 0.  I try that again, and
find if I convert FBX to 3DS and then import 3DS to Rhino, it works at my
first glance! and also contains correct material names  though in one layer.

Revit could directly export DXF (2007) and DWG (2007) by layers (the
materials seem missing), which can be imported to Rhino to get OBJ.
As Christopher and Jack said, it was required to reorganize layers (e.g, in
revit) before DXF/DWG (is any difference for the two?) is exported.  I will
also take a look at other ways Lars said.

 The layers for DWG/DXF format in Revit are organized according to its
categories and family types. I tried to customize and reorganized
some layers based on the default layer organization and it may
be acceptable for not complicated geometry.

Thank you all.
Jia