[Radiance-general] Re: trans dashboard widget

Thomas Bleicher tbleicher at googlemail.com
Mon May 3 14:11:36 PDT 2010

On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 7:56 PM, Andy McNeil <amcneil at lbl.gov> wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> You're right, it should be trivial.  I tested the html file in safari and firefox
> over the weekend and came to the same conclusion regarding the sliders.
> I used dashcode to create the widget, so next step is to see if one of the
> other sliders in dashcode is generic javascript and not webkit.

The sliders seem to be generic javascript (files are in
/System/Library/WidgetResource/AppleClasses/) but the license limits
them to be used in Dashboard Widgets only. So for a browser/web based
page they have to be replaced.

> I've also received feedback that it doesn't work in OSX 10.4 which
> is a bummer, and probably related to the webkit sliders.
>
> I'm not sure what to do about the labels.

The labels are no big deal. The static text can be placed in the main
html file. The surrounding DIVs are already there; they are just not
filled in by javascript.

Cheers,
Thomas