[Radiance-general] wrong results in Daysim

Reinhart, Christoph reinhart at gsd.harvard.edu
Tue Mar 23 07:39:21 PDT 2010

Dear Alejandro,

Daysim/Radiance does not distinguish between simple and simple geometries. (Of course, if a sensor is located  in a wall it should yield zero lighting unless your ambient accuracy value is set too high.) My suspicion is that you are reading in a wrong set of sensor points into Ecotect. Ecotect has no intrinsic way of making sure that a DA file actually goes with your current sensor grind. It is up to you to make sure that the two are consistent.

Christoph