[Radiance-general] Re: Radiance 4.0 release

Thomas Bleicher tbleicher at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 18 15:32:05 PDT 2010

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 10:19 PM, Fitzsimmons, Rob
<Rob.Fitzsimmons at fiserv.com> wrote:
> Yes, I usually launch X11.app
>
> Is there any harm in having all other binaries as 4.0, but keeping the rvu
> 3.9 version?

There should not be a big problem. But you will not be able to use the
new fancy multi-process option. I don't know if rad can pass that on
to a rvu but if it would try at some point you will get an error.

> That’s working for me now. Correct me if I’m wrong but rvu is only used to
> display in X11 is not used in producing an hdr image.

No. rvu is interactively producing the image. To display an image you
would use ximage. Have you tested that yet? Or glrad? I think those
are the only apps that need xlib.

Regards,
Thomas