[Radiance-general] objline doesn't seem to work properly and X11 window flash and gone very quickly

Ji Zhang 张冀 hope.zh at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 10:30:06 PDT 2010

Dear Rob, thank you very much for your detailed explanation!!!

However, I still couldn't get the radiance installed in the default
directories follow the steps suggested by you.

The following are the messages shown in the Terminal during installation
(within the area maked by #):

Ji-ZHANGs-iMac:ray jizhang$ sudo ./makeall install

        RADIANCE 4.0a INSTALLATION

This script rebuilds all of the Radiance programs and installs
them on your system.  You should read the file README before running
this script.  You can type ^C (followed by return) at any time to abort.

You must first answer the following questions.

What is your preferred editor [vi]?
Where do you want the executables [/usr/local/bin]?
Current rmake command is:
#!/bin/sh
exec make "SPECIAL=ogl" \
    "OPT=-O2" \
    "MACH=-DBSD -DNOSTEREO -Dfreebsd -I/usr/X11R6/include -L/usr/X11R6/lib"
\
    ARCH=Intel "COMPAT=" \
    INSTDIR=/usr/local/bin \
    LIBDIR=/Users/jizhang/Radiance_lib \
    ESUFFIX= \
    CC=cc CONFIGURE_ARCH=i386 "$@" -f Rmakefile
Do you want to change it? n
Making programs...
~/ray/src/common ~/ray/src
In directory common...
/usr/local/bin/rmake: line 2: exec: make: not found
~/ray/src
~/ray/src/rt ~/ray/src
In directory rt...
/usr/local/bin/rmake: line 2: exec: make: not found
~/ray/src
~/ray/src/meta ~/ray/src
In directory meta...
/usr/local/bin/rmake: line 2: exec: make: not found
~/ray/src
~/ray/src/cv ~/ray/src
In directory cv...
/usr/local/bin/rmake: line 2: exec: make: not found
~/ray/src
~/ray/src/gen ~/ray/src
In directory gen...
/usr/local/bin/rmake: line 2: exec: make: not found
~/ray/src
~/ray/src/ot ~/ray/src
In directory ot...
/usr/local/bin/rmake: line 2: exec: make: not found
~/ray/src
~/ray/src/px ~/ray/src
In directory px...
/usr/local/bin/rmake: line 2: exec: make: not found
~/ray/src
~/ray/src/hd ~/ray/src
In directory hd...
/usr/local/bin/rmake: line 2: exec: make: not found
~/ray/src
~/ray/src/util ~/ray/src
In directory util...
/usr/local/bin/rmake: line 2: exec: make: not found
~/ray/src
~/ray/src/cal ~/ray/src
In directory cal...
/usr/local/bin/rmake: line 2: exec: make: not found
~/ray/src
There were some errors.

When this "unsuccessful" installation finished, there seem to be no file at
all in the /usr/local/lib/ray directory...

and no radiance executable can be found in the /usr/local/bin directory
either......

So, can you help to take a look and point out what the problem here is?

BTW, the Terminal I'm using in Mac OS X Snow Leopard is titled "Terminal -
bash -95x50".

Thank you!

Ji

sdezj at nus.edu.sg